The valleys of Kashmir have always been synonymous with romance and revolution in Bollywood. Dal Lake is one favorite destination of the Indian filmmakers. With its picturesque beauty, the place definitely ought to captivate your senses and leave a lingering happiness forever. Set amidst the gigantic yet magnificent Zabarwan mountain valley, the lake is a storehouse of charm and amazement and this is one reason why filmmakers come to Srinagar for their best shots.
From films like Kashmir Ki Kali to Mission Kashmir, the beauty of this state has always taken the filming experience to the next level. Let’s embark on Bollywood’s romantic journey together!
- Yeh Chand Sa Roshan Chehra: The evergreen and peppy song from Shammi Kapoor’s and Sharmila Tagore’s Kashmir ki Kali was shot on the backdrops of Dal Lake.
Let’s sing it together once, “Yeh Chand sa Roshan Chehra, Zulfo Ka Rang Sunhera… Tareef karu kya uski jisne tumhe banaya…”
- Subhanallah-Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani: The trekking trip during the song was shot in Gulmarg, Kashmir! Who all thought it was Manali?
- Jiya Re- Jab Tak Hai Jaan: Remember Anushka Sharma dancing amidst the beautiful green valley, with horses and people dressed in Kashmiri traditional dresses? And singing on top of her voice standing on a boat with houseboats lined up at the back?
- Chup Ke Se Sun: This romantic track from the movie Mission Kashmir was shot on the Dal Lake in a Shikara. Remember Preity Zinta singing “Pani pe betha shikara, sapno ki duniya yahi”?
- Yahhoooo Chahe Koi Mujhe Jungali Kahe: Another one of those quintessential Shammi Kapoor’s film-Junglee. Kashmir is portrayed at its prettiest- with snow, mountains, and Mughal Gardens in the background. Do still go crazy when the DJ plays this song at a party?
And the list goes on…
There are many more songs that were shot in the beautiful valley of Kashmir. We are sure you will be left mesmerized not only with the music but with the scenic beauty of the song too.